Rosuvastatin Calcium BP
Brand name: SB-Rostin
Generic name with specification: Rosuvastatin Calcium BP.
Strength: 10 mg, 20 mg.
Composition: Each film coated tablet contains Rosuvastatin Calcium BP equivalent to Rosuvastatin 10 mg.
Each film coated tablet contains Rosuvastatin Calcium BP equivalent to Rosuvastatin 20 mg.
- Heterozygous Hypercholesterolemia (Familial and Nonfamilial)
- Homozygous Hypercholesterolemia (Familial)
- Mixed Dyslipidemia (Fredrickson Type IIa and IIb)
DOSAGE & ADMINISTRATION:
- Dose range: 5-40 mg once daily. Initially 5-10 mg once daily increased if necessary at intervals of at least 4 weeks to 20 mg once daily. Daily dose can be increased after further 4 weeks to 40 mg only in severe hypercholesterolemia with high cardiovascular risk and under specialist supervision. Elderly initially 5 mg once daily.
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HoFH) : Starting dose 20 mg.
- In pediatric patients 10 to 17 years of age with Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia (HeFH): The usual dose range is 5-20 mg/day; doses greater than 20 mg have not been studied in this patient population.
- Use 40 mg dose only for patients not reaching LDL-C goal with 20 mg.
Rosuvastatin can be taken with or without food, at any time of day.
Rosuvastatin is generally well tolerated. The adverse events seen with Rosuvastatin are generally mild and transient. Most commonly occurring side-effects are headache, myalgia, asthenia, constipation, dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain.Uncommonly pruritus, rash and urticaria may occur. Myopathy (including myositis), hypersensitivity reactions (including angioedema), rhabdomyolysis, pancreatitis etc are the rarely occurring side-effects of Rosuvastatin.
Rosuvastatin is contraindicated to-
- Known hypersensitivity to product components.
- Active liver disease or unexplained persistent elevations of serum transaminases.
- Pregnant women and women who may become pregnant.
- Nursing mothers.
Pregnancy category: X
Rosuvastatin should be administered to women of childbearing age only when such patients are highly unlikely to conceive and have been informed of the potential hazards. If the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, therapy should be discontinued immediately. Because of the potential for adverse reactions in nursing infants, women taking Rosuvastatin should not breast-feed.
Available packaging: 30’S, 30’S.
Unit Price: 20 tk, 30 tk.