SBP is an equity venture with joint partnership between SUNMAN Group and Diabetic Association of Bangladesh (BADAS).
Established in 1975, SUNMAN has pioneered the industrialisation of Bangladesh and was one of the founders of the RMG (Ready-made garments) sector. With over 35000 people working in its garments division alone, SUNMAN is now an industrial powerhouse. Since then they have branched out to multiple sectors including financial institutes, fisheries, Beverage industries, CNG pumps, airlines and furniture industries. Major (Retd.) Abdul Mannan, renowned as a pioneering Industrialist, politician and spectacular businessman is the Chairman of SUNMAN group.
BIRDEM (Bangladesh Institute of Research and Rehabilitation for Diabetes, Endocrine and Disorders) has the largest diabetic out-patient turnover in the world in a single space. Multiple International relations have prompted the institute the status as one of the leading research centres worldwide. BIRDEM is recognised by the World Health Organisation as a Collaborating Centre for Research on Prevention and Control of Diabetes, a unique achievement for a non-European institute.
BIRDEM’s pursuit of bringing high quality medication to patients meant they were constantly searching for an adequate and pharmaceutical company. This lead to the joint efforts of SUNMAN group and BIRDEM to create a world class facility and production of Quality medication that would meet the standards of the best in the industry.
The facility has been constructed by the supervision and guidance of the UK MHRA Consultant. The Standard Operating Procedure of manufacturing method has been duly authenticated by the International expert and it is practiced in our manufacturing operation. A British Pharmacist, Former Managing Director of GSK (GlaxoSmithKline) Bill McKean is the CCO (Chief Consulting Officer) of SBP.
• Products are formulated bioequivalent to the Originator Brand
• Quality is built into every stage of Product Processing
• All production and QC equipments are matched to the latest cGMP Requirements
• All staffs are vigorously trained in the use of equipment and application of all cGMP Documentation
• Active pharmaceutical ingredients and Excipients have been purchased from validated sources mainly from Europe
• To explore high-science, high-tech innovative ways to make quality healthcare products affordable to everyone.
• Enable people to lead normal, healthy lives through innovation and quality healthcare.
• Find creative solutions to traditional and modern healthcare issues and make them readily available to the mass public.
• Allow people to focus on living and not worry about their health.
• A perfect blend of state of the Art facility and aged experience of our pharmacists to change the face of healthcare.